How it Works
Sign up or sign in the enjoy the site
So what do you do on Khal? Khal allows you to show your love for food, cooking and tasting it.. You can do so by
- Adding recipes
- Making other chefs’ recipes
- Asking questions about cooking
- Winning culinary badges, reputation and feedback ratings
- Following other members
- And tasting and reviewing the recipes that other members make. Yes, you read it right: You don't just read the recipes, you can now taste them, too
- You can join a recipe group to see all new recipes that get added to a group and even answer questions from other members exploring recipes in that group. Answering questions earns you reputation points. Remember: you won't see questions in a group unless you join that group, even if it’s your own question.
- You cannot add a recipe to the site unless you've made that recipe. You will need to add pictures of you making the recipe in the proof images. If the images of you making the recipe do not match your profile picture, other members can report you. Try and add unique recipes. If the recipe that you are trying to add is already on the site, try making that recipe instead. Making other chefs' recipes gives you more reputation points than adding a new one.
- When you see another chef’s recipe, you can: "like” it; add it to your "I want to make this" list; or cook the recipe, adding proof that you cooked it so it’s included in your "I made this" list. However, when you choose to make a recipe, you have to make it exactly as the recipe reads with no changes.
- If you have cooking questions, ask them in the questions section. Please join the group before asking the question or you won't be able to see your own question. If other members upvote your question, you get 5 reputation points for each upvote. You can even answer other members’ questions. When you answer other members’ questions and get upvotes on the answers, you get 15 reputation points. Tastings (See Video Above)
- You can now taste recipes that other members make by clicking on "Tastings near me." You can also offer a tasting on your recipe (in COVID-safe settings only), or someone else's recipe that you've made at least once before offering a tasting. You can charge for tastings. The members who taste your cooking will rate you. Your rating score is an average of all your ratings, for all recipes, from all members. However, you need to get verified in order to offer a tasting. Click on "Offer Tasting" in any of the recipes to see the next steps.